Monday, October 19, 2015

Open Letter to Canadians from someone who has already seen the Liberal & NDP policies enacted in the UK


In the midst of this election season it’s been puzzling to encounter attacks on the Conservatives’ handling of the economy and on Canada’s current global reputation. I have recently been hearing from people around the world in unsolicited messages how they admire Canada’s current moral foreign policies and envy how the Conservatives guided the country through the financial devastation arising out of 2008. Canadians are largely oblivious to how bad things were beyond our borders. I originate from the UK and when I last visited, my birth city could only afford to light half the street-lamps at night. I’ve already lived through soft on terror, crime, high tax burden environments that pay for ever growing social welfare entitlements. Not here please!
Change can be good, but only when circumstances are distressed, and the cost of change is always high. My friends and family are aghast that Canada may not re-elect the Conservatives, and quite frankly, I am too.

I quote one friend “it is unbelievable that a democracy is going to throw out a financially competent party for the sake of change. Unbelievable!” It was “a miracle people were not stupid in the UK in May”.

Canada, don’t be stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment